To apply for any of the opportunities listed below, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Click on the job title for more information.
Director of Engineering and Operations
The Director of Broadcast Operations & Engineering is responsible for maintaining broadcast systems for WYCC – Channel 20; operation and maintenance of station television studio equipment; and ensuring compliance with FCC guidelines and regulations
- Ensures television studio meets all the requirements for daily production and broadcasting.
- Repairs and adjusts complex electronic systems for the generation and transmission of television signals.
- Researches and analyzes products, systems and methods currently utilized or being developed to remain current on broadcast trends.
- Designs systems for maximum utilization and efficiency with regard to cost, maintenance, performance and integration.
- Develops and writes equipment specifications and requisitions to replace and upgrade systems; obtains costs and secures vendors.
- Constructs and installs systems, components and interconnects for television facilities.
- Supervises operations staff and students in maintaining proper signal levels for recording and transmitting television programs.
- Provides instruction to staff and students on the proper handling, adjustments, system configuration and required signal levels to properly operate components and systems for best performance.
- Coordinates work schedules and assignments for staff members.
- Interviews, hires and performs written assessments on staff members.
- Performs duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics, Computer Science or a related field, supplemented by six (6) years of progressive experience in broadcasting is required.
- Excellent knowledge of television operations, digital editing/recording/camera, master control equipment, broadcast services, digital storage equipment, satellite dish components, LNA equipment and other set-up/maintenance equipment is essential.
- Knowledge of FCC technical regulations, UHF transmitter maintenance expertise, layout interpretation skills and planning experience also required.
- Knowledge of analog and digital electronics, television systems integration and mechanical drawing/architecture experience preferred.
- Must possess familiarity with master control and studio operations.
- Ability to instruct others in the operation, maintenance and proper handling of television transmission equipment.
- FCC licensure and/or SBE certification preferred.
We offer internships with the following departments:
- Television Production (media departments)
- Interactive (writing samples required, social media literate - great for bloggers/graphic artists)
- Membership (administrative support)
For more information about internships, please contact WYCC Production Coordinator Toni Reed at 773-487-3651 or email@example.com.