To apply for any of the opportunities listed below, click on the job title for more information.
This position provides financial and related services to all WYCC staff through implementation of the District, Kennedy King’s and WYCC established annual goals and objectives.
- Develops and prepares the annual budget. Monitors WYCC’s budgetary accounts by tracking costs and expenditures and preparing various financial reports for senior management. Provides budget forecast reports to ensure department expenses remain within budget.
- Provides quarterly projections through revenue estimates from grants, donations and underwriting. Tracks, verifies, and reconciles grant contract funds deposits, donations, and other underwriting activities.
- Maintains the accounting system to ensure expenditures are posted to appropriate categories.
- Develops policies and procedures to ensure budget control of each department. Establishes and adheres to internal controls which documents costs.
- Supervises Financial Assistant responsible for maintenance of account records and the processing of accounts payable/ receivable, and related financial transactions.
- Supervises support staff that are responsible for processing requisitions, purchase orders, and resolving vendor and customer service issues.
- Prepares annual financial reports for grant agencies, reviews and approves audits completed by independent auditors on financial statements and submits reports to appropriate agencies.
- Maintains financial and payroll records for all full-time, part-time staff, in addition to independent contractors. Provides vendor financial management.
- Manages vendor contracts so that expenditures are compliant with board report and contract details.
- Provides hiring managers with periodic reports for maintenance of balanced consultant and service spend rate.
- Provides recommendations for financial policy to maximize the operating budget.
- Assists in labor relations activities as appropriate. Advises management on fiscal affairs by preparing financial forecasts, analyzing past performance, or conducting other fiscal analysis.
- Processes and supervises all aspects of the WYCC purchase requisition input and purchase order generation for supplies and services.
- Reviews and approves invoices for payment and monitors the processing of invoices on accounts payable records in PeopleSoft.
- Works with HR Administrator in tracking position vacancies and addressing HR and payroll issues.
- Supervises clerical support staff responsible for office support duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Perks of this Role: Excellent Benefits at a low cost; Investment plans 403(b) & 457(b); SURS Retirement Plan; Generous vacation, holidays, personal and sick days; Tuition Reimbursement. For a more detailed overview of benefits please visit our benefits page.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field, supplemented by five (5) years of experience in areas of finance, accounting, budgeting and/or public administration.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication necessary. Must be able to effectively represent the station, and District, at various meetings. Must be able to work well with employees at all levels of the organization, as well as with students and other customers. Must be able to handle all situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Must be self-directed and innovative, able to assess current operations in an effort to improve the future goals of the station. Must be able to meet deadlines in a timely manner.
- Extensive personal computer and software experience including word processing, spreadsheets and database management.
- Previous supervisory experience in news or other media organizations is preferred.
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within 6 months of hire. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Click Here to apply!
We offer internships with the following departments:
- Television Production (media departments)
- Interactive (writing samples required, social media literate - great for bloggers/graphic artists)
- Membership (administrative support)
For more information about internships, please contact WYCC Production Coordinator Toni Reed at 773-487-3651 or firstname.lastname@example.org.